• Alert: Winter Break: December 22nd - January 7th
Close alert
Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Registration for New Students

Posted On: Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Registration for New Students

The Cherokee County School District is launching a new online system for student registration beginning March 12, 2018!

Instead of handwriting information on a pile of paper forms in a school office, parents can log in from home to the Registration Gateway via CCSD’s website at https://registration.cherokeek12.net/.  Through the user-friendly process that takes about 15 to 20 minutes, parents will enter their own identification information, such as emergency contact names and numbers, which will increase accuracy and eliminate redundancy. Required enrollment documents (birth certificate, proof of residency, etc.) also can be scanned and uploaded to the system from home.

After entering all their information online into our secure system, parents will be asked to schedule an appointment to bring the legally required documents for enrollment to the school. During this appointment, your records will be verified by the front office (and scanned and uploaded if you were unable to do this from home), and your child will participate in a brief assessment with a teacher to gauge his or her kindergarten readiness.

“Parents have been pleading with us for years to spare them from paper forms, so we’re very excited to have the technology capabilities to roll out these new online systems,” Superintendent of Schools Dr. Brian V. Hightower said. “This system not only is easier for parents, it also will reduce the cost and waste associated with paper forms, and eliminate the need for staff to spend valuable time typing information from forms into our student information system.”

Want to get ready now for when the kindergarten Registration Gateway opens? Click on the links below for easy instructions, helpful hints and a list of the legally required documents.

Kindergarten Registration Gateway: Helpful Hints & FAQ

List of Legally Required Documents Needed for Enrollment in English and Spanish 

Ready to Learn: 2018-19 Kindergarten at CCSD brochure in English and Spanish

Back to School News      Print News Article