As part of the district's mission and our school plan, we encourage ALL parents, family members, and the community to support and become actively involved in our schools. We thank you for your support to our school, students and families. Your voice is needed! Your involvement is welcomed!
School Councils across the state of Georgia are advisory groups who are actively involved in public schools and deal with issues related to the following:
- Improving communication and participation of parents and the community in the management and operation of local schools;
- Bringing communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education challenges;
- Improving academic achievement and providing support for teachers and administrators;
- Bringing parents into the school-based decision-making process;
- Bringing parents and the community together with teachers and school administrators to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other's concerns; and
- Sharing ideas for school improvement and student learning.
- Best Regards,
The Council will meet 4 times throughout the year to discuss how they can best meet the educational needs of our students. HES Council members will meet once per quarter to complete council business.
We currently have ONE opening for a council member. Information about nomination and election is below. PLEASE consider participating or nominating a parent /guardian that will support our school mission and vision.
The official dates are below. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your participation and commitment to our school and students!
Important School Council Dates for 2017-2018:
- August 18: All electronic nominations and Absentee Voting - any parent or legal guardian of a current Hasty Fine Arts Academy student who CANNOT attend the voting for school council members at Open House on August 24. Nominations MUST be sent by 10:00 pm. on August 18.
- August 24: Voting for all parents or guardians who wish to vote at the beginning of Open House.
- September 1: Results from voting released via email blast, social media, school website. Calls will be made to notify those elected to a School Council seat.
- October 5: 1st School Council Meeting at 2:45 pm
Proposed School Council Meeting Dates:
Meeting #1………………………October 10/5/17
Meeting# 2………………………December 12/7/17
Hasty Elementary School
Fine Arts Academy
205 Brown Industrial Parkway
Canton, GA 30114
770.721.6555 Tel. 770.479.1620 fax