THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
LGE COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION
This agreement entered into on this 16th Day of August, 2018, by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and LGE Community Credit Union, hereinafter referred to as “LGE.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, LGE Officers participate in various School Board functions and encourage staff to support the Cherokee County School District.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein, the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Promote applicable LGE programs, such as the scholarship for a graduating CCSD senior and the “We Love Educators” incentives, using existing communication channels, such as the Virtual Community Bulletin Board and the Employee Discount Marketplace, as School Board Policy permits.
2. Assist in providing qualified candidates from CCSD’s graduating class each spring to be considered by LGE’s scholarship committee.
3. Explore/pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
1. Participate in various CCSD events and programs (Career Days; Senior Project Boards; Job Fairs; Career, Technical & Agricultural Education (CTAE) classes; School Advisory Councils; PTA).
2. Support a least one school in each of the Canton and Woodstock branches’ areas through a Partners in Education agreement.
3. Sponsor, at the Title Sponsor Level at a cost not to exceed $2,500, CCSD’s Scholar Recognition Banquet for valedictorians and salutatorians and their parents, an honored teacher, and their Principal.
4. Sponsor, at the Title Co-sponsor Level at a cost not to exceed $2,500, CCSD’s Superintendent’s Key Scholar Recognition Ceremony for outstanding high school sophomores and their families.
5. Sponsor, at the Title Sponsor Level, CCSD’s Office of Curriculum & Instruction December Staff Breakfast.
6. Provide LGE Financial Education 101-type programs to interested schools’ students, parents and/or staff upon arrangement with the Principal.
7. Provide a one-time $5,000 scholarship to one qualified candidate from CCSD’s graduating class each spring beginning with the 2018-19 School Year and present this scholarship award at a School Board meeting each spring.
8. Offer “We Love Educators” incentives, which total $250, to all CCSD employees who meet LGE requirements (see attachment).
9. Offer all interested CCSD high schools the opportunity to sell “school spirit” debit or credit cards as a fundraiser, with a percentage share of revenue returned to participating schools.
10. Explore/pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
11. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this Agreement, LGE Community Credit Union must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
12. Agree to hold harmless and indemnify the School Board against any claims, demands, losses or damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise as a result of this Agreement.
The term of this Agreement is August 16, 2018 through August 16, 2019. This Agreement shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This Agreement may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this Agreement shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, Georgia, 30169, and to the President and CEO of LGE Community Credit Union, 430 Commerce Park Drive, Marietta, GA 30060.