PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL
This agreement entered into on this 18th day of January, 2018 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Cherokee County Arts Council, hereinafter referred to as “CCAC.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, CCAC’s mission is to enrich the quality of life by promoting, developing and coordinating Excellence in the Arts; and,
WHEREAS, the CCAC recognizes arts education as central in the programming scope of the CCAC and further recognizes the need to increase arts education in Cherokee County.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
- Promote CCAC programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, specifically the promotion of summer camp, Arts on Tour to elementary and middle school principals and additional offerings during break weeks under the modified school calendar.
- Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interest, with the goal of submitting at least two proposals a year.
- Proclaim March as National Youth Art Month.
1. Conduct three four (2 elementary, middle and high schools) youth art exhibits during National Art Youth Month starting in March and ending the first week of May.
2. Provide judges for the School System Reflections programs, Senior Projects and other related functions as requested.
3. Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
4. Shall not discriminate against any partnership participant because of race, national origin, age or disability.
5. Will plan and conduct an annual appreciation event art show for area art teachers provided they are in agreement.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CCAC must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is January 18, 2018 through January 18, 2019. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, GA 30114, and to the Executive Director of the Cherokee Arts Center at 94 North Street, Canton, GA 30114.