THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CHEROKEE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
This agreement entered into on this 19th day of May, 2022, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and the Cherokee County Health Department hereinafter referred to as “Health Department.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students, and
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement, and
WHEREAS, the mission of the Department of Human Resources is to assist Georgians in achieving their highest levels of health, development, independence, and self-sufficiency. The Department of Public Health, in its strategic planning efforts, developed a philosophy and values which are reflected in its mission: to promote and protect the health of people in Georgia wherever they live, work, and play. We unite with individuals, families, and communities to improve their health and enhance their quality of life, and
WHEREAS, believing that physical and emotional well-being, is the basic right of every individual regardless of age, race, sex, educational level, income level, religion or political affiliation, and in accordance with the Georgia Public Health Code and the master public health agreement, the mission of the North Georgia Health District is: to prevent disease and improve the public’s health, especially for that part of the population in greatest need; and to utilize all available resources in order to provide cost-effective health services that are specifically targeted to the significant health problems currently identified in northwest Georgia, thus enhancing development, independence, and self-sufficiency.
Now, therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Provide a photocopy (through the Office of School Operations and School District Lead Nurses) of each pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students’ Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Department of Human Resources DHR Form 3132) to the Health Department for statutorily-required auditing purposes.
2. Assist in scheduling and facilitation of statutorily-required scoliosis screenings at Cherokee County School District middle schools.
3. Assist in scheduling and facilitation of vaccinations/inoculations (influenza, pneumonia, Hepatitis B) of employees, if applicable.
4. Promote Health Department programs/initiatives through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
5. Provide referrals to the Health Department when applicable.
Health Department will:
1. Conduct statutorily-required audits of pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students’ Certificates of Immunization (Georgia Department of Human Resources DHR Form 3132).
2. Conduct statutorily-required scoliosis screenings at Cherokee County School District middle schools.
3. Provide vaccinations/inoculations (influenza, pneumonia, Hepatitis B) of employees, if applicable.
4. Assist the School District in its communications relative to communicable diseases and critical case occurrences.
5. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, the Health Department must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is May 19, 2022 through May 19, 2023. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, GA 30169, and to the District Health Director, North Georgia Health District at 100 West Walnut Avenue, Suite 92, Dalton, GA 30720.
The School Board shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Health Department and its officers, directors, partners, and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons or property, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorney's fees (collectively "Claims") arising out of or caused by the School Board or its employees' negligence in connection with the provision of this agreement. The School Board shall not have waived or be deemed to have waived, by reason of this paragraph, any defense, which it may have with respect to such claims.
The Health Department shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the School Board and its officers, directors, partners and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons, property, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees (collectively "Claims") arising out of or caused by the Health Department’s or its employees negligence in connection with the provision of this agreement. The Health Department shall not have waived or be deemed to have waived, by reason of this paragraph, any defense, which it may have with respect to such claims.