THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE DAY TRAINING CENTER, INC.
This agreement entered into on this 3rd day of November, 2016 by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Cherokee Day Training Center hereinafter referred to as the “Center or CDTC.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students, and
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process, and
WHEREAS, it is the Center’s mission to assist Cherokee County residents with developmental disabilities to achieve their highest levels of independence, development and health, and
WHEREAS, the Center shall assist these consumers to decrease dependency, to support their increased presence and participation in an assortment of valued roles throughout the community; to respect and support individual choices and decisions; and to empower Cherokee County residents with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential by living and working in the least restrictive environment possible.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference
The School Board will:
- Provide the use of school system facilities, as available, for CDTC recreational
programs, meetings and functions, including a waiver of the rental fee as per the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG). (In the event of an emergency that renders the Training Center facilities inoperable, Cherokee HS, Canton ES STEM Academy, ACE Academy and Holly Springs ES STEM Academy will be utilized as alternate service delivery sites.)
- Provide fuel, maintenance and driver training programs for CDTC’s transportation fleet.
- Create a transition program to the CDTC, whereby students with severe and/or profound range of intellectual functioning and in last year of attendance in the Cherokee County School System, would spend a portion of their day at the CDTC with school system teachers to facilitate a smooth adjustment for students and families. Collaboration between the organizations shall ensure progress is not lost with individuals with disabilities.
- Continue to provide space for students with developmental disabilities as needed by the Cherokee County School System and as available at the CDTC.
- Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the facility use contract at each school facility that CDTC may use and those contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG).
- Conduct an interview with the principal of each aforementioned facility prior to and after use of the facility.
- Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CDTC must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is November 3, 2016 through November 3, 2017. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia, 30114; and to the Executive Director of the Cherokee Day Training Center, 133 Univeter Road, Canton, GA 30114.