THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
GEORGIA RETIRED EDUCATORS ASSOCIATION -
CHEROKEE RETIRED EDUCATORS ASSOCIATION
This agreement entered into on this 17th day of October, 20139 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Georgia Retired Educators Association – Cherokee Retired Educators Association hereinafter referred to as “GREA” and “CREA.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Five Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, the mission of GREA is to unite retired educators in Georgia for fellowship, support and educational/community service, and to improve benefits for all retired educators through cooperation with Local, State and National organizations; and,
WHEREAS, the purposes of CREA are:
• To provide an organized basis for continuing interest and efforts;
• To present meaningful programs;
• To encourage continued fellowship;
• To support beneficial legislations; and,
• To recognize current contributions.
WHEREAS, CREA wishes to support the Cherokee County School District, both students and educators, by providing volunteers, recognition and support for teaching and learning.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Distribute information to retirees regarding GREA and CREA.
2. Promote GREA- and CREA-sponsored activities and programs through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, including the posting of notices on the online Virtual Community Bulletin Board.
3. Issue an annual proclamation recognizing Retired Educators Day.
4. Allow the use of School District facilities for six yearly CREA meetings, as needed.
5. Allow the use of a School District copier for CREA materials, with CREA to provide the paper.
6. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
7. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
8. Provide CREA with CCSD email addresses for all retiring educators every spring.
1. Provide volunteers for the School District including, but not limited to: classroom, media center and clerical assistants; event judges; proctors; tutors and mentors; in-service professional development leaders; and guest readers.
2. Provide an annual scholarship for one a Cherokee County School District graduate(s) attending Reinhardt University to study in the field of education and provide financial assistance with final certification fees to a Cherokee County School District graduates(s).
3. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), including custodial and supervisory fees when applicable.
4. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
5. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition. Children/participants with handicaps or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CREA must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is October 17, 2019 through October 17, 2020. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools, P.O. Box 769, Canton, GA 3011469; and to CREA, P.O. Box 769, Canton, GA 30169.