THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE TENNIS ASSOCIATION
This agreement entered into on this 13th day of December, 2018 by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”
Cherokee Tennis Association hereinafter referred to as “CTA.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make responsible decisions and adapt to the challenges of the future; and,
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, CTA’s purpose is to promote the development of tennis as a means of healthful recreation and physical and mental well-being for all residents of north Georgia; and,
WHEREAS, CTA is dedicated to growing league play and bringing the best tennis programs possible to the citizens of Cherokee County.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Promote CTA programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, including the posting of notices on the online Virtual Community Bulletin Board.
2. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
3. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
1. Sponsor a free USTA (United States Tennis Association) training workshop for School District elementary school Physical Education (PE) teachers and provide free equipment and curriculum to all School District elementary schools that agree to become USTA members and teach four weeks of tennis curriculum for two school years.
2. Sponsor an end-of-year tennis festival for participating elementary schools.
3. Provide speakers for Career Days and similar opportunities.
4. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
5. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CTA must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is December 13, 2018 through December 13, 2019. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at P.O. Box 769, Canton, Georgia 30169, and to Cherokee Tennis Association, P.O. Box 591, Holly Springs, Georgia 30142.