THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CITY OF BALL GROUND
This agreement entered into on this 1st day of September, 2016 by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”
The City of Ball Ground hereinafter referred to as “Ball Ground.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, Ball Ground’s mission is to provide responsive local governmental services and lead local efforts that enhance the quality of life for residents of the City and the surrounding community.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board:
- Shall assess no costs to the other party in cases of easement granting.
- Shall share information and facilities in emergency situations, such as natural disasters and inclement weather; and share information concerning road conditions, especially in inclement weather.
- Shall continue to allow the City use of Ball Ground ES STEM Academy’s facility for city-sponsored events.
- Shall develop methods to work in conjunction with the City in their zoning process, so that developers are routinely expected to mitigate the financial impact on the school system and Ball Ground.
- Shall assess no costs to the other party in cases of easement granting of City-controlled property.
- Shall share information and facilities in emergency situations, such as natural disasters and inclement weather; and share information concerning road conditions, especially in inclement weather
- Shall coordinate needs determinations and future City construction projects with the School Board’s Department of Planning and Forecasting.
- Shall develop methods to work in conjunction with the School Board in its zoning process, so that developers are routinely expected to mitigate the financial impact on the school system and City.
- Provide City of Ball Ground employees as judges for the School System Science Fair, Young Authors Fair, Governors Honors, Speech Contests and other related functions.
- Provide and establish a Speakers Bureau list, for City employees to serve as classroom speakers on requested topics.
- Continued sponsorship of Reading Mentoring; an Accelerated Reader middle of the year ice cream award party; $100 donation for a quarterly school attendance award and other activities when possible.
- Continue participation in the Chamber of Commerce Partners in Education program.
- Encourage relationships between Ball Ground Public Library and Ball Ground ES STEM Academy students. (Current SIP incorporates Public Library for reading objective).
- Consider development of a program to encourage Ball Ground residents to complete their high school degree with possible financial incentives.
- Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Ball Ground must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is September 1, 2016 through September 1, 2017. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia 30114, and to the Mayor of Ball Ground, at P.O. Box 285, Ball Ground, Georgia 30107.