PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CITY OF WALESKA
This agreement entered into on this 17th of August, 2017, by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”
The City of Waleska hereinafter referred to as “Waleska.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, Waleska officials wish to continue to be an integral provider/partner as it relates to the public school district in Cherokee County.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Assess no costs to the other party in cases of easement granting.
2. Share information and facilities in emergency situations, such as natural disasters and inclement weather; and share information concerning road conditions, especially in inclement weather.
3. Allow the City use of R.M. Moore ES’s facility for Waleska-sponsored events.
4. Provide regular opportunities for Waleska representatives to inspect surplus property in order to determine if there may be a need for such property (first right of refusal).
1. Assess no costs to the other party in cases of easement granting of Waleska-controlled property.
2. Share information and facilities in emergency situations, such as natural disasters and inclement weather; and share information concerning road conditions, especially in inclement weather
3. Correspond the needs of planned Waleska land uses, such as parks, fire stations, law enforcement precincts and public libraries, with future school sites in order to purchase larger tracts of land, share infrastructure costs and provide for joint use of public facilities.
4. Develop methods to work in conjunction with the School Board in their zoning process, so that developers are routinely expected to mitigate the financial impact on the school system and City.
5. Grant a school district representative staff-status at City Council meetings, so that school system analysis and recommendations in this regard are routinely considered in that forum.
6. Provide City of Waleska employees as judges for the School System Science Fair, Young Authors Fair, Governors Honors, Speech Contests and other related functions.
7. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Waleska must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is August 17, 2017 through August 17, 2018. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia 30114, and to the Mayor of The City of Waleska, P.O. Box 3, Waleska, Georgia 30183.