THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CREDIT UNION OF GEORGIA
This agreement entered into on this 17th day of June, 2021, by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Credit Union of Georgia.
WHEREAS, the School District’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, Credit Union of Georgia Officers participate in various School Board functions and encourage staff to support the School System.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein, the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated
herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Disseminate information relative to Credit Union of Georgia utilizing existing communication channels and programs, including but not limited to, opportunity to attend individual school staff meetings and inclusion on CCSD’s website Virtual Community Bulletin Board Page, when applicable.
2. Allow membership of the students of Cherokee County School District in
Credit Union of Georgia.
Credit Union of Georgia will:
1. Participate in various School System functions (career days, vocational week,
School Advisory Councils, PTAs, Principal-for-a-Day).
2. Sponsor the School System’s Annual New Teacher Orientation Program.
3. Sponsor the Teacher of the Year banquet.
4. Attend and provide information and promotional gift at Back-to-School meetings for Transportation and Food Service Departments.
5. Provide volunteer judge(s) for Cherokee County student “Senior Projects” as it relates to the School Board’s future Career/Technical Education requirements in all applicable fields.
6. Attend and provide information relative to the Credit Union at monthly New Employee Orientation meetings.
7. Sponsor annual Back-To-School Administrative Conference.
8. Sponsor annual “Get On Board” Bus Tour Event.
9. Sponsor annual CCSD Senior Football Game.
10. Sponsor Leadership Academy I and II Meetings, each annually.
11. Sponsor VILLA parent academy program, up to two concurrent sessions, to include providing light refreshments for five meetings and the graduation dinner.
12. Sponsor the Principal’s Meeting December Luncheon.
13. Sponsor the Media Specialist of the Year Awards.
14. Sponsor the Counselor of the Year Awards.
15. Sponsor the Support Staff Employees of the Year Awards.
16. Sponsor the Senior Staff Retirement Reception.
17. Sponsor the End of the Year School Improvement Council Luncheon.
18. Sponsor the #thanksCCSD initiative.
19. Sponsor the high school graduation ceremonies’ hospitality suite refreshments for police officers and support staff.
20. Sponsor the Special Education of the Year Staff Awards.
21. Sponsor the monthly CCSD Connections parent newsletter.
22. Support the Cherokee County Educational Foundation with fundraising goals and Board support.
The term of this contract is June 17, 2021 through June 17, 2022. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.