THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
DELTA KAPPA GAMMA SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL
GAMMA ETA CHAPTER
This agreement entered into on this 17th day of August, 2017, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, Gamma ETA Chapter, hereinafter referred to as “Delta Kappa Gamma.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, the mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education; and,
WHEREAS, the purposes of Delta Kappa Gamma are:
• To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship;
• To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education;
• To advance the professional interest and position of women in education;
• To initiate, endorse and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interest of education and of women educators;
• To endow scholarships and aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowship to women educators from other countries;
• To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action; and,
• To inform the members of current economic, social, political and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society.
WHEREAS, the Gamma ETA Chapter wishes to support Cherokee County Schools, both students and educators, by providing a scholarship, recognition, and support for literacy projects.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Distribute information to school principals regarding Delta Kappa Gamma’s “Outstanding Educator Award.”
Allow use of appropriate technology for a member to maintain a website linked to the Delta Kappa Gamma homepage.
Endorse Delta Kappa Gamma sponsored activities and provide the use of system facilities for quarterly meetings and the “Outstanding Educator Award Ceremony.”
Allow use of copier for Delta Kappa Gamma materials. The society will provide the paper.
Delta Kappa Gamma will:
1. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), including custodial and supervisory fees when applicable.
CCSD teachers are selected by their peers each year to be honored by the Gamma ETA Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma at the Golden Apple Award Ceremony. Every third year, each CCSD school selects an honoree based upon exemplary characteristics and excellence in teaching.
Annually, one CCSD high school senior is awarded a monetary scholarship from Gamma ETA Chapter. The student, who is an aspiring educator, is selected by the school's faculty based upon the student's promise in the field of education. (A rotation is in place to determine the high school each year.)
Provide judges for school system events such as the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, Science Fair, Social Science Fair and Young Georgia Writing Exposition.
Support literacy projects in the schools.
Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Delta Kappa Gamma must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is August 17, 2017 through August 17, 2018. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA 30114; and to Delta Kappa Gamma, P.O. Box 142, Canton, GA 30169.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties have executed this document the first date referred to herein.