THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
MUST MINISTRIES, INC.
This agreement entered into on this 5th day of May, 2016 by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board,”
MUST Ministries, Inc., hereinafter referred to as “MUST,”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make responsible decisions, utilize technology effectively and adapt to the challenges of the future, and
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process, and
WHEREAS, MUST’s mission is to serve its neighbors in need transforming lives and communities.
WHEREAS, MUST provides services such as food, clothing, housing, and employment services to help families and children move to stability
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board:
- Maintain open communication channels, provide necessary School District contact information, and commit to meet with MUST leadership in order to enhance inter-agency cooperation and collaboration.
- Encourage Cherokee County elementary, middle, and high schools to participate in MUST collection drives such as food, clothing, and toys, as well as for food/clothing provision opportunities. Provide a school coordinator at each interested school site to work in conjunction with MUST to implement aforementioned programs.
- Provide the opportunity for MUST staff to address School District counselors, social workers and principals to share opportunities to assist MUST.
- Promote MUST programs through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
- Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
1. Maintain open communication channels, provide necessary organization contact information and commit to meet with School District leadership in order to enhance inter-agency cooperation and collaboration.
2. Provide presentations and/or information relative to its services to school Principals, social workers, counselors and teachers to explain their role in the partnership.
3. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
5. Accept all children for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, MUST must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is May 5, 2016 through May 5, 2017. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
All proposed amendments to this contract shall be submitted to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia 30114, and to the CEO, MUST Ministries, Inc. at 1407 Cobb Parkway North, Marietta, Georgia 30061; and approved by the respected authorized representatives.