THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
NORTH GEORGIA REGIONAL EDUCATION SERVICE AGENCY
This agreement entered into on this 14th day of September, 2017, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and North Georgia Regional Education Service Agency, hereinafter referred to as “RESA,”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process, and
WHEREAS, RESA is a statewide network, funded through state and federal monies, in place to lend support to school systems
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Provide the use of school system facilities, waiving the rental fee as per the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), for professional development opportunities as coordinated by RESA.
1. Work in conjunction with the Office of Curriculum and Instruction to schedule professional development opportunities in the Cherokee County School District.
2. Provide staff development courses as needed, including gifted, ESOL and other endorsements identified in the annual Needs Assessment.
3. Agree to hold harmless and indemnify the School Board against any claims, demands, losses or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees which may arise as a result of this contract.
4. Offer staff development courses, where appropriate and based on needs, in CCSD facilities.
Neither party will discriminate against any Cherokee County School District or RESA employee or applicant for employment, or against any applicant for enrollment for a course of study or training provided by RESA under this Agreement, on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, national origin, age, disability or other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be offered to disabled individuals as required by law.
The term of this contract is September 14, 2017 through September 14, 2018. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County School District at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA, 30114; and to the Director of the North Georgia RESA, 4731 Old Highway 5 South, Ellijay, GA, 30540.