The Office of Communications maintains the Cherokee County School District social media presence.
The School District shares news and information with the community using these platforms:
Instagram - @CherokeeGASchools
Guidelines for engaging with CCSD social media:
We will update social media pages as often as possible to share news about CCSD and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant District information. In times of inclement weather that necessitate school closing or other school-related emergencies, the pages will be updated in conjunction with the alerting of local and Metro Atlanta media.
All social media sites used by CCSD are designated as Limited Public Forums. CCSD welcomes a person’s right to express his or her opinion and encourages commenters to keep comments relevant to the topic in question.
All comments posted on CCSD social media pages are at the discretion of the page administrators. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not violate these guidelines and privacy laws.
CCSD reserves the right to remove from public view the following types of posted comments; if a user comment is deleted, CCSD will retain a copy in its files:
1. Comments that contain vulgar language.
2. Obscene, pornographic or other illegal materials.
3. Sexual comments about, or directed to anyone.
4. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation.
5. Spam or unrelated links to other sites.
6. Comments that are unrelated to the CCSD topic that is the subject of the post. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us by email. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.).
7. Comments that advocate illegal activity, encourage violence or contain threats.
8. Comments that promote particular non-CCSD services or products.
9. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
10. Comments that disclose personally identifiable information that may compromise an individual’s financial or personal security, including social security numbers, passwords, credit card information and personal contact information.
11. Comments that contain information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of public systems (and their employees) or any criminal or civil investigations.
12. Comments that mock, criticize, denigrate, impugn, degrade or in any way disparage any CCSD student or employee.
CCSD may block or ban a commenter, if the social media platform permits, who repeatedly posts inappropriate content and deny that commenter the opportunity to use the limited public forum.
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of CCSD unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the District) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of the District.
All CCSD social media sites will adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, including, but not limited to, legal requirements governing use of copyrighted materials, retention of records, compliance with the Georgia Open Records Act, and federal and state privacy laws.
If you have feedback or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org