THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHILDREN’S HEALTHCARE OF ATLANTA
This agreement entered into on this 15th day of April, 2021 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, hereinafter referred to as “Children’s.”
WHEREAS, the School District’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, Children’s provides world-class care in more than 60 pediatric specialties and cares for more than half a million children and teens every year including the children of Cherokee County; and,
WHEREAS, Children’s is not only dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow, but also committed to delivering care in a socially responsible and ethical manner. Children’s is more than a healthcare system. Children’s a world-class center of community. And its commitment to excellence goes far beyond the care it provides within its walls.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Promote Children’s community programs, through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
2. Provide the opportunity for Children’s representatives to speak about its organization and services with CCSD’s school nurses as part of the professional development/training session sponsored by Children’s.
3. Coordinate the nomination process for the Children’s sponsored CCSD School Nurse of the Year program and provide support for the judging and winner selection process upon request of Children’s representatives.
1. Sponsor the cost of a speaker for an annual professional development/training session for all CCSD school nurses and lead nurses to be held during pre-planning. The speaker will be determined by both parties and the presentation will have a value of at least $2,000.
2. Sponsor an annual CCSD School Nurse of the Year recognition program. This sponsorship will include the provision of the top prize for the overall winner; the prize will be determined together by both parties and have a value of at least $350. The award will be presented during the annual professional development/training session sponsored by Children’s.
3. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Children’s must adhere to all applicable local, State and Federal laws.
The term of this contract is April 15, 2021 through April 15, 2022. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, GA 30169, and to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322-1060.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties have executed this document the first date referred to herein.