THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
This Partnership Agreement is entered into on this 15th day of April, 2021, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Georgia Power.
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, Georgia Power is the largest operating company within Southern Company, serving approximately 2.6 million customers throughout Georgia; and,
WHEREAS, Georgia Power has proudly served the community for over 100 years and is committed to making a positive impact for many years to come; and,
WHEREAS, Georgia Power is a “A Citizen Wherever We Serve,” and its employees play important roles in our communities.
Now therefore, in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference
The School Board will:
1. Promote Georgia Power programs through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
2. Designate the Chief Communications Officer to meet twice annually with Georgia Power’s Area Manager to assess future partnership activities.
Georgia Power will:
1. Deliver in-class and/or virtual Georgia Power Learning Power lessons that align with Georgia Standards of Excellence and incorporate energy and energy efficiency STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) subjects and career awareness, in grades PreK through High School, as Georgia Power scheduling permits.
2. Provide Georgia Power employees to serve as career day speakers at schools when Georgia Power volunteers are available.
3. Provide volunteers for other CCSD functions when Georgia Power volunteers are available.
The term of this non-binding agreement is April 15, 2021 through April 15, 2022, and shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed three years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This non-binding agreement may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this non-binding agreement shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at P.O. Box 769, Canton, GA 30169, and to the Georgia Power Area Manager at 450 Operations Drive, Canton, GA 30114.