The Georgia District Civitan Foundation has scholarship opportunities for high school seniors in the state of Georgia.
The foundation has seven scholarships for this year:
- Fourfor high school seniors planning to attend college or university.
- One at $2,500 and one at $1,500 (Alice Dodd Memorial Scholarships for Outstanding Community Service)
- Two at $1,500 (Georgia District Civitan Scholarships)
- Two for high school seniors with physical challenges/disabilities who are planning to attend college or university
- One at $2,500 and one at $1,500 (Bobby Dodd Memorial Scholarships for Outstanding Community Service)
- One for high school seniors who are members of Junior Civitan
- One at $1,500 (Robert Wyand Junior Civitan Scholarship)
I have attached the four applications as well as the timeline. Applications will be reviewed and selected by an independent panel of educators. Evaluators will strongly weigh applicants' demonstrated record of community service. Applicants must postmark their applications no later than March 15th, 2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: Michelle Drugacz (678-468-2629 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Louise Crapps (770-401-6928 or email@example.com), or Nicholas Slater Chair, Scholarships Committee, Georgia District Civitan Foundation,
There are 5 attachments with this post. Click the link below to view the attachments.
Civitan Alice and Bobby Dodd Scholarship.docx
GA Civitan Robert Wyand Jr Civitan Scholarship app.docx
GA District Civitan Scholarship Application.docx
GA District Civitan scholarships available.docx
GA District scholarship timeline.docx
Delta Kappa Gamma is an international organization of female educators. Its purpose is to "promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education." Gamma Eta, the Cherokee County chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma, recognizes and supports future female educators by providing a yearly $1500 scholarship to a female Cherokee County graduate who plans to attend college to receive a degree in Education, with the purpose of becoming a teacher.
Female 2022 seniors who are interested in pursuing this scholarship must complete this online application. Additionally, each applicant must have two references complete the online Confidential Reference Form. At least one reference must be from a teacher. References may not be family members. Completed applications must be RECEIVED online by the Cherokee County School District Office of Communications by the close of business on April 1, 2022.
Link to Recommendation Form:
I'm pleased to announce the 2022 El Dabe Ritter Scholarship. This scholarship is now available to any high school senior in the United States that desires to apply. More information can be found on our scholarship application below:
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Award Amount: $1,500
We are now accepting applications for the 2022 Amicalola EMC scholarship program for seniors and the 2022 Washington Youth Tour for juniors. Students must reside in an Amicalola EMC household to be eligible for either program. Deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.
Seniors may apply online for the scholarship at https://www.amicalolaemc.com/scholarship-application/ . Students will need their GPA (numerical value), SAT/ACT score and amount of household income.
Juniors may apply online for the Washington Youth Tour at https://www.amicalolaemc.com/washington-youth-tour-application/ . Students will need to upload their essay and letter of recommendation or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gettysburg College - Gilder Lehrman Institute History Scholarship is a $5,000 annual award designed to recognize outstanding first-year applicants who are interested in studying history. A separate application is required.
Additionally, the application for the Eisenhower Scholarship ($40,000 annually) is now open. Please share the Eisenhower Scholarship application with your students who have a strong commitment to community and civic engagement.
Gettysburg College recognizes students’ academic achievement in high school by awarding additional academic merit scholarships under Early Decision and Regular Decision. Decisions on merit scholarship recipients are made as part of the admissions process. All students, including those who apply test optional, are considered.
2022 Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship-enf.elks.org/MVS
Free Speech Essay Contest- $10,000 More info at thefire.org/contest
1)Search Is On Scholarship - $2,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: November 30, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be currently attending high school, college, vocational, or any other accredited post-secondary institution. B) Be 13 years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36788/search-is-on-scholarship
2) Dell Scholars Program - $20,000 - 300 Awards (Deadline: December 1, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year. B) Demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/27413/dell-scholars-program
3) Jameela Jamil x I Weigh Scholarship - $5,000 – 3 Awards (Deadline: December 2, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be 16 years of age or older and in good academic standing. B) Be enrolled in a public, private or parochial high school or home study program in the United States. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36970/jameela-jamil-x-i-weigh-scholarship
4) Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships - $5,000 - 5 Awards (Deadline: December 5, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the US. B) Have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/26518/stephen-j-brady-stop-hunger-scholarships
5) Science Ambassador Scholarship - $40,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: December 13, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a high school senior or an undergraduate student. B) Attend a school in the United States in the Fall of 2022. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/32337/science-ambassador-scholarship
6) Burger King Scholars Program - $50,000 – 10 Awards (Deadline: December 15, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent. B) Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, for the entire 2022-23 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/28201/burger-king-scholars-program
7) Senior Planning Social Work and Eldercare Scholarship - $900 – 5 Awards (Deadline: Dec. 15, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. B) Be a High School Senior or Undergraduate with less than 90 credit hours. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/29061/senior-planning-social-work-and-eldercare-scholarship
8) Path to Pro Scholarship Program - $2,000 – 125 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a high school senior, high school graduate or have a GED equivalent. B) Plan to enroll, or be enrolled, in an approved trade-related program at an accredited two-year school (technical/vocational school or college) in the United States. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36737/path-to-pro-scholarship-program
9) CX Scholarship - $10,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be 13 years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. B) Be currently attending high school, college, vocational, or any other accredited post-secondary institution. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36988/cx-scholarship
10) Design Thinking Scholarship - $500 - 2 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited two or four-year college or university located in the United States. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/28678/design-thinking-scholarship
11) Certified Nursing Assistant Scholarship - $1,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be currently enrolled, accepted, or applying to be in an accredited CNA program in the United States. B) Write an essay explaining why you have decided to become a certified nursing assistant. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36790/certified-nursing-assistant-scholarship
12) Thiel High School Fellowship - $100,000 - 30 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be under the age of 22. B) Be interested in designing and building things. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/31733/thiel-fellowship
13) Power of Resilience Scholarship - $1,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be in either high school or college (undergraduate or graduate program) and must show good academic standing with a GPA of at least 3.0. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/32460/power-of-resilience-scholarship
14) CC Bank’s Young Scholars Scholarship - $2,000 – 5 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a US resident under the age of 30. B) Be in good academic standing and carry a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/31397/cc-banks-young-scholars-scholarship
15) Honor a Hero Scholarship - $1,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: December 31, 2021) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia for the 2022 semester. Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarshipguidance.com/scholarships/36683/honor-a-hero-scholarship
The Balams Firm is proud to announce we are accepting applications for our $2,500 SCHOLARSHIP to help support a METRO ATLANTA STUDENT in accomplishing their educational goals.
As a Community Partner, THE BALAMS FIRM is committed to recognizing talent and rewarding excellence. Our mission is to provide an opportunity for deserving students to reach their potential by supporting the cost of higher education.
The merit-based scholarship is open to all high school seniors in the metro Atlanta area with a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Students may submit their completed application beginning OCTOBER 1 and due no later than FEBRUARY 1.
See the complete scholarship information and APPLY ONLINE at our website: https://www.balamslaw.com/community-outreach/scholarship/
Please, no phone calls. Direct all questions via email to: email@example.com
The Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. seeks your support for our Biennial Cotillion 2022, a scholarship benefit for young women. The 16th Biennial Cotillion will be held, Saturday, November 19, 2022. This event raises scholarship funds for young women pursuing post-secondary education. Cotillion is a comprehensive eleven month program designed for African American young women who:
• Are currently High School Sophomores and Juniors
• Reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area
• Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Plans to attend a post-secondary institution
▪ Demonstrate excellence in academics, exemplary moral standards, and active engagement in their local community
Through a series of educational workshops and cultural events, our Debutantes learn etiquette and social graces, gain college preparedness skills and embrace community service involvement. These programs are designed to enhance their personal growth as they transition into womanhood. The Debutantes will benefit from connection to a dynamic organization of women who are high achievers committed to public service. This relationship, along with newfound friendships, offer the young ladies the opportunity to create a unique bond and gain self-confidence.
On Sunday, October 17, 2021, 4:00pm-6:00pm, we are hosting a virtual Informational Meeting to acquaint young ladies and their parents/guardians with the process and provide details about the requirements for participation. Your assistance is requested to help identify young ladies who could be prospective Debutantes.
Please share this information with young ladies who meet the criteria above and invite them to attend the information session. You may also send their names to the email address listed below and they will receive an invitation. As always, your support is appreciated. Please direct questions to Zenith Houston, Cotillion Chairperson, by email at Cotillion@dstmrac.org or call (678) 310-4175.
High-achieving students come to you for guidance on big decisions. Make sure your college-bound seniors don't miss out on the chance to apply for Georgia State University's most prestigious and valuable academic award—The Presidential Scholarship.
Our Presidential Scholarship program recognizes incoming first-year students who were leaders in their high schools and offers them the support and experiences that will set them up to be leaders in their careers and communities. The scholarship is valued at up to $32,000 per year (depending on in/out-of-state student status and participation in our student assistantship program).
Presidential Scholars receive the following benefits for eight semesters:
- Cost of tuition, housing and mandatory student fees
- A yearly living expense stipend
- A one-time $2,500 stipend for credit-bearing study abroad expenses
- Opportunity for a paid University Assistantship to explore research and engaging work experience on campus
- Access to individualized classes and mentoring opportunities
The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship (plus summer stipends) is beginning its twenty-first year at Carolina. Our scholarship for full undergraduate support for student writers will open its twenty-first submission period as follows: The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship will receive applications beginning September 13th 2021. Our Thomas Wolfe Scholarship application process involves two (2) steps: Step 1) an application to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by October 15th, 2021; and, Step 2) an application to the Thomas Wolfe Scholarship by November 15th, 2021. Students must apply to both the University and the Scholarship to be considered. Preliminary screening will be completed in January, 2022, with final screening concluding in early March, 2022. Three outstanding candidates will either be brought to the UNCChapel Hill campus for interviews or interviewed virtually and a final decision will be made in early April, 2022. Novelist and short-story writer Thomas Wolfe of Asheville, North Carolina entered Carolina in the fall of 1916 and graduated in the spring of 1920. Wolfe loved Chapel Hill, which he celebrated as Pulpit Hill in Look Homeward, Angel, the novel he published to international acclaim in 1929: “The university was a charming, an unforgettable place. . . . The central campus sloped back and up and over a broad area of rich turf, groved with magnificent ancient trees . . . . the wilderness crept up to it like a beast.” Wolfe had but one playwriting course to take. Students in our Creative Writing Program now choose courses in fiction, poetry, nonfiction, stylistics, and songwriting, musical writing, and playwriting; courses in playwriting and screenwriting are also offered by the Departments of Dramatic Art and Communications Studies. With five semesters of credit, students can major or minor in Creative Writing, and we believe ours to be among the strongest undergraduate writing programs in the country. More complete information on The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship, including the application form, is available on the University's website at https://englishcomplit.unc.edu/creative-writing/scholarships-and-awards/ outlining the features, procedures, documents, and specific requirements for application. If you have any questions, please email TWSqueries@unc.edu. Thank you for passing along word of this unique scholarship to your best writers, our potential applicants
$2500 Scholarship!!!!More details can be found here: Cirkled In Scholarship Page.
|The Heisman High School Scholarship presented by Acceptance Insurance is proud to continue its 27-year tradition of honoring the nation’s most esteemed high school seniors and supporting high school academic and athletic programs across the country. The program recognizes and rewards high school seniors who accomplish tremendous feats in the classroom, on the field, and most importantly, within their communities.
Winners from every school and
The Heisman Trophy Trust and Acceptance Insurance are proud to reward male and female community-minded scholar-athletes at the state and national level.
scholarships from $1,000 to $10,000.
- School Winners from every school.
- 88 State Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- 10 National Finalists receive a $2,000 scholarship.
- 2 National Winners receive a $10,000 scholarship.
They’ve done the hard work.
Winning a Heisman High School Scholarship presented by Acceptance Insurance requires a weighted GPA of 3.0 or better, participation in at least one sport, and demonstrated leadership at school and in the community. You have students who have worked hard for years to make the grade. Now, help them get the recognition they deserve:
Now, they just need to apply.