Council Meeting Notes
The Creekview School Council will meet at 7:30am on the following dates for the 2019-20120 school year. All meetings will be held in the Administrative Conference Room. Minutes from the meetings will be posted.
Aug. 14, 2019
Dec. 4, 2019
Feb. 5, 2020
April 15, 2020
Aug. 15, 2018
Nov. 14, 2018
Feb. 6, 2019
April 17, 2019
Sue Zinkil, Principal
Linda Heinz, Principal’s Secretary
Tabitha Wilkie, Chair
Jane Knauff, Vice-Chair
Jamie Bobo, Parent
Amy Upchurch, Parent
Anne Theirs, Teacher
Jenny Brooks, Business Partner
Jim, Maher, Business Partner
Kerri Schmitt, Teacher
Dianne Schumacher, Instructional Lead Strategist
Meeting Dates- 8/3/17, 11/15/17, 2/7/18, 4/8/18
April 18, 2018
8-17-17 Meeting Minutes
Purpose of the School Council
The General Assembly of Georgia created councils to "bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process."
School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business.
- Members of the School Council will serve for a term of two years.
- The council will have a minimum of seven members.
- A parent member must serve as the chair.
School Council Accountability & Scope
The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Participate in council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement
- Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education