Creekview High School Advisory Council will meet at 7:45 via Teams on the following dates for the 2022-2023 school year: October 6, January 12, March 23, and April 13. If needed we will meet on May 11. Meeting minutes will be posted as soon as they are available.
School Advisory Council Members 2022-2023
- Michael Santoro
- Edgar Auces
- Leslie Babcock
- Dena Collins
- Bo Counts
- Tara Fuentes
- Jason Hardin
- Jason Hubbard
- Amy Upchurch
Meeting Minutes 10-6-22
Meeting Minutes 1-12-23
2021-2022 Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes 10-8-21
Meeting Minutes 1-13-22
Meeting Minutes 5-12-22
Purpose of the School Council
The General Assembly of Georgia created councils to "bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process."
School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business.
- Members of the School Council will serve for a term of two years.
- The council will have a minimum of seven members.
- A parent member must serve as the chair.
School Council Accountability & Scope
The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Participate in council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement
- Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education
Archived Meeting Minutes