Creekview High School Advisory Council will meet at 7:45 on the following dates for the 2021-2022 school year: October 8, January 13, March 24, and April 14. Meeting minutes will be posted as soon as they are available.
School Adviory Council Members 2021-2022
- Michael Santoro
- Edgar Auces
- Leslie Babcock
- Jamie Bobo
- Dena Collins
- Tara Fuentes
- Jason Hardin
- Kristie Sikes
- Heather Thomas
- Amy Upchurch
Meeting Minutes 10-8-21
Purpose of the School Council
The General Assembly of Georgia created councils to "bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process."
School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business.
- Members of the School Council will serve for a term of two years.
- The council will have a minimum of seven members.
- A parent member must serve as the chair.
School Council Accountability & Scope
The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Participate in council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement
- Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education
Archived Meeting Minutes