Dean Rusk Middle will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week October 24th-October 31st.
Our theme this year will be “Around the World,” “Life is a Journey, Travel Drug-Free.”
Encourage your children to showcase their commitment to staying drug-free by sharing where their drug-free journey has taken them by posting their “Drug-Free Selfie” on our DRMS Red Ribbon Week Padlet.
DRMS will be having a contest to see who has traveled the furthest in 2018.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, October 24, 2018- “Your Drug-Free Journey Begins, So Travel with a Twin.”
- Encourage students to find a friend and dress like a TWIN!
- Students will sign banners pledging to stay drug-free in PE.
- Students will receive Passports that will be stamped daily by Advisement Teachers.
- Begin Door Decorating Contest from 10/24-10/30.
Thursday, October 25, 2018- “Drugs are Wacky, Dress Tacky.”
- Encourage students to dress as a tacky tourist with a Caribbean theme.
Friday, October 26, 2018- “See Your World Through Drug-Free Eyes.”
- Students can view their drug free world by wearing Sunglasses/Wacky Glasses.
Monday, October 29, 2018 “Lei off Drugs.”
- Encourage students to wear their best Hawaiian themed shirts.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018- “Oui Mustache You to Be Drug-Free.”
- Mustache Day encourage students to wear a French inspired mustache.
- Doors will be judged today at 1:00 p.m.!
Wednesday, October 31, 2018- “Drugs will Haunt You for Life.”
- Students can wear their favorite Halloween costume and stress that it must be school appropriate.
- Send one of your best dressed students from each class at 9:00 a.m. to the media center for the Halloween Contest.
- Student Ambassadors will be coming around to collect names of students that have stamped passports for everyday to enter them for the grand prize for their grade level.