Dr. Michael Manzella
Director, Curriculum MS/HS (6-12)
Georgia’s Dual Enrollment (DE) program allows high school students to earn college credit while working on their high school diploma. DE is the renamed Move On When Ready program, which makes it easy for students and parents to navigate and take advantage of the available options to enroll in college courses while still in high school. DE program now covers tuition, mandatory fees and required textbooks.
The goal of DE is to increase college access and completion, and prepare students to enter the workforce with the skills they need to succeed. Students must meet the DE admissions requirements set by the participating postsecondary institution they wish to attend. Those requirements may include a minimum grade level and/or age requirement. Students must also meet the postsecondary institution’s satisfactory academic progress policies.
To participate in Dual Enrollment, students must complete the CCSD DE Participation Form (found below: CCSD DE Form) and their School Counselor prior to the deadlines below. Students must meet the admissions requirements at the postsecondary institution of their choice and once admitted, make satisfactory academic progress. Interested students should meet with their high school counselor and visit GAfutures.org for program information.
CCSD Application for Dual Enrollment Participation Deadline Dates:
(You must complete the CCSD DE Participation Form and meet with your School Counselor by the deadline dates listed below)
- Summer 2023 Participation: CCSD Participation Form Deadline of March 17, 2023
- Fall 2023 Participation: CCSD Participation Form Deadline of March 31, 2023
- Spring 2024 Participation: CCSD Participation Form Deadline of October 13, 2023
For additional information regarding Dual Enrollment (previously known as MOWR), please see the following links:
- 2023-24 Dual Enrollment Participation Form
- 2023-24 Dual Enrollment Presentation
- 2023-24 Dual Enrollment Orientation Video
- GA Futures DE Site
- Georgia Department of Education DE
- Kennesaw State University
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- Reinhardt University
- University of North Georgia