EHS at a Glance 02/10/2020
Good Afternoon! We hope you enjoyed the snow on Saturday! Just a few more days until winter break.
Students make sure you are up to date with all your course work and communicate with your teachers if you need any help. You can always check out the East Wing tutoring schedules for additional help.
2020 EHS Prom Lights, Camera, Action!
Saturday 3/28 8:00-11:00pm
Marietta Conference Center
Tickets will be sold the month of February for $75.00 and can be purchased online on gofan.co
We will be selling tickets in the Main Café on Thursday 2/27 during all lunches $75.00 cash or check only
Ticket prices change in March to $85.00 and can be purchased online on gofan.co
In March we will sell them in the Main Café on Thursday 3/19 during all lunches $85.00 cash or check only
Thursday 3/19 is the last day to purchase Prom tickets with cash or checks
Thursday 3/26 is the last day to purchase Prom tickets online on gofan.co
Students bringing a date that does not attend Etowah should complete a guest form. Forms are located in the main office or in 4106. Guest forms are due in the main office no later than 3/26.
Tuesday 2/11 Graduation Announcements that have been purchased will be available for pick up in the C-Lobby during all lunches
Thursday 2/13 School Board Meeting 7:00pm ESF The Bluffs
Monday-Friday 2/17-2/21 Winter Break EHS Office Open Tuesday-Friday 2/18-2/21
Monday 2/24 Students will receive their course requests for 2020-21 during T.A.A.
Friday 2/28 Last day to return course requests
Wednesday 3/18 Parent University for upcoming Freshman
6:30pm EHS Auditorium
Thursday 3/19 Ghost Out Etowah East Front Lot Juniors and Seniors
Extended T.A.A. Schedule
Tuesday 3/24 Student Digital Learning Day
Students will utilize a Digital Learning Day on Tuesday, March 24, which is Presidential Primary Election Day in Georgia. Many CCSD schools are used as polling sites, which creates additional traffic and security concerns around our schools. Students will work from home that day.
Cherokee County School District plans to recover instructional time lost due to school closures by utilizing online learning using Canvas, the district's online learning management system. 2019-20 is the first year of the Digital Learning Days (DLD) Plan for school closures. In preparation for these potential days, CCSD held six practice DLDs during the 2018-19 school year where teachers posted assignments in Canvas for students to complete independently. During the 2019-20 school year, additional practice days will be held to ensure our students and teachers are prepared should the need arise to use DLDs for inclement weather
How will it work for students?
· On the day that school has been canceled, teachers will post assignments on their Canvas course pages. All assignments for the Digital Learning Day will be posted by 9 am.
· Students will use the Canvas student portal to log in to their Canvas course pages where they will access assignments, resources, and other materials. As a reminder, students log into Canvas from the orange icon in the “Students” section of CCSD webpages. Students use their school email address (email@example.com) and password to access Canvas. If your student is having trouble logging in at home, please contact your child's teacher so they can submit a help desk ticket for password reset. Please be sure to provide your student's CCSD email or student ID number when requesting a password reset.
· If the power is out, a student may access the teacher’s course page when power returns. If a student does not have access to a computer or device (tablet, smartphone, etc.), the student can get the assignment once school resumes. Students unable to complete the assignments on DLDs will not be penalized and will be given the same allotted time to complete the assignments as would be given for an excused absence.
· Student work will be expected to be turned in to the teacher (either digitally or in person), using a school’s process for turning in work following an absence. For example, if your school allows students to turn in work two days after a missed day the Digital Learning Day assignments would be due two days after classes resume.
Teachers will share additional information with students about Digital Learning Days through Canvas announcements, including how they will support students learning during the day. Teachers will also be available online during designated “office hours” to assist students if necessary, via email:
· 9:00 am-10:30 am - Elementary Teacher Virtual Hours
· 10:00 am-11:30 am – Middle and High School Teacher Virtual Hours
Parents who need a to set up a Canvas parent account can do so by accessing instructions at https://www.cherokeek12.net/Content2/canvas.