What is my counselors job?
- Works with students, parents, and teachers/administrators
- Counsels students individually, in small group, and in large classroom guidance settings
- Helps to identify the needs of children
- Encourages better students relationships
- Promotes positive attitudes and good choices
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Provides preventive and developmental guidance
- Oversees standardized testing and 504 eligibility
How can I see my counselor?
- Students may refer themselves by asking a teacher
- Parents may refer their child
- Teachers/administrators may refer students
- Counseling is a voluntary and confidential service.