Welcome IKES ASP Parents!
ASP Parent Information Letter (English)
ASP Información para Padres (Spanish)
ASP Registration Forms (English)
ASP Formularios de Inscripción (Spanish)
ASP Payment Instructions (English)
ASP Instrucciones de Pago (Spanish)
For ASP Program information, contact Adriana Krueger at Adriana.Krueger@cherokeek12.net
For Online School Payments (OSP), use this link: https://osp.osmsinc.com/CherokeeGA/Default.aspx
GOAL OF PROGRAM
The After School Program of Cherokee County School District is designed to provide:
- After school care for students who would otherwise be home alone in an unsupervised situation.
- After school care for students whose parents work and need the assurance that their children are in a caring, safe environment.
- After school enrichment opportunities for elementary-age students.
- Any elementary-aged student attending a CCSD elementary school is eligible to attend that school’s ASP. This excludes half-day or special education pre-school students and all (full day) Georgia Lottery PreK students.
- Parents or legal guardians must register their child or children by completing a registration form and signing the notification letter (linked above). If there are any address/contact information changes, the parent or legal guardian of the participating student must notify school office staff of changes.
- Students must be enrolled in ASP in order to participate in any of the classes/activities offered by outside service vendors).
Credits for non-participation will be issued only if one of the following exceptions applies:
- The student is absent due to illness on a day pre-designated as an ASP stay.
- The student is checked out by 12:00 p.m. due to illness and is sent home by the school nurse.
- The student experiences the death of an immediate family member (parent, sibling, grandparent)
- School is closed/dismissed early due to inclement weather
- Any student checked out of school early may NOT return to the school that day for the sole purpose of attending ASP.
PROGRAM TIMES, FEE SCHEDULES, PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- ASP is a PREPAID program. Payment must be received by 10:00 am the morning of the intended stay.
- ASP begins at the time of school’s dismissal at 2:15p.m and extends until 6:00 PM. All students must be out of the building by that time.
- IKES requests that parents prepay ASP participation by the week (i.e., “everyday”, “M/W/F”). This is done for the safety of students by pre-determining staff coverage needs, as well as ensuring that students intended for ASP, do not board the bus and go home to an unsupervised situation.
- ASP tuition is $12 per day and must be paid by 10:00am the morning of the intended stay. Money or notification of participation received after 12:00p.m will cause the student to be considered a “drop-in” and parents will be charged $16 for that day instead of the normal daily rate.
- Funds remaining in student’s ASP account at the end of the school year will be rolled over to the next school year if the student will remain at the current school. If the student is transferring, being promoted to middle school or will no longer participate in ASP, the parent must request a refund. A refund check will be mailed to the parent during post planning.
- For purposes of personal income tax credits, parents are responsible for retaining all receipts.
- Only persons approved and designated on the registration form will be allowed to sign out and pick up your child—this is for the protection of your child! PHOTO IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED.
- Any student not picked up by 6:00 p.m. (according to the school’s clock) will be charged a late fee of $12 for every 15-minute increment (i.e., 6:01-6:15 p.m. = $12. 6:16-6:30 p.m. = $24). This fee will be charged per student.
- Failure to pick up a child by 7:00 p.m. will be considered an emergency situation, and a call will be placed by ASP staff to the CCSD School Police (or 911) on behalf of the student. Students may be withdrawn from the program upon a third late pick-up. All parents/guardians are encouraged to have an emergency backup person in order to avoid these types of situations.
To ensure the safety and security of all students in ASP, a program safety plan is reviewed and utilized on an annual basis. ASP coordinators are authorized to contact the appropriate law enforcement agency should an emergency occur which threatens the welfare of a child.
- ASP is a support program, and your child is expected to behave properly. Participation is dependent on the student’s ability to follow all school policies.
- Students must comply with the discipline policies laid out in the CCSD Student/Parent Handbook & Discipline Code and the individual school discipline policy.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior may result in suspension or withdrawal of your child from the after-school program.
Students will be suspended or withdrawn from ASP for the following reasons:
- Excessive Late Pick-up (3 times: 6:01pm or later),
- Discipline Problems (3 separate write-ups),
- Excessive late payments, non-payments, and/or late Pick-up Fees.
If school is closed or dismisses early due to inclement weather (or any other reason), the After-School Program will also close for the day. In such a case, the school will follow the instructions given to your child’s homeroom teacher on his/her Inclement Weather form. ASP personnel will be responsible for any further parent contacts for the pick-up of all ASP students.
If you need to report a transportation change during the day, DO NOT contact the teacher as these messages may not be received by dismissal. Instead, you will need to complete a transportation change request form located in the school’s front office, or you may email your request, along with a copy of your Driver’s License to a member of our office staff. However, if you email a request, please make sure to contact the school at 770-721-6600 to confirm receipt of email. No changes will be made unless a confirmation has been received.