Cherokee County Education Foundation
Cherokee County Educational Foundation
THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
This agreement entered into on this 13th day of December, 2018 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Cherokee County Educational Foundation hereinafter referred to as “CCEF.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, the mission of CCEF is to support students and staff of the School District by promoting teaching and learning and celebrating achievements; and,
WHEREAS, CCEF seeks funding and resources to enrich Cherokee County School District schools in areas not fully funded in the regular school program.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Serve in four ex-officio roles on CCEF’s ’Board of Directors: School Board Chairman, School Board Vice Chairman, Superintendent of Schools (or designee) and Chief Financial Officer (or designee).
2. Recognize CCEF as a School-Allied entity for Facility Use and Special Interest Materials Distribution purposes.
3. Provide the use of and access to office space, equipment, supplies and other resources in the Office of Public Information, Communications and Partnerships.
4. Provide meeting space in CCSD schools and offices, as needed.
5. Provide a link on the School District website to CCEF’s website.
6. Provide a School District voicemail mailbox for receipt of CCEF messages.
7. Promote CCEF programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board Policy, including the posting of notices on the online Virtual Community Bulletin Board.
8. Allow a countywide payroll deduction option for donations to CCEF, with the assurance of both parties of maintaining employee confidentiality.
9. Provide the opportunity for a CCEF representative to speak at the Superintendent’s annual opening of school year Administrative Workshop and Principals’ Meetings.
10. Provide the opportunity for School District employees to work cooperatively with CCEF to hold special fundraising events in schools, including the annual awareness T-shirt campaign, and the community.
11. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
12. Promote CCEF programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
1. Provide financial support to the School District through sponsorship of educational programs and grants to schools, teachers, staff and students.
2. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG).
3. Maintain employee confidentiality in regard to payroll deductions made as donations to CCEF.
4. Provide a CCEF representative to speak at the annual Administrative Workshop and Principals’ Meetings.
5. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CCEF must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is December 13, 2018 through December 13, 2019. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, Georgia 30169, and to Cherokee County Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 4754, Canton, Georgia 30114