THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY SPORTS HALL OF FAME
This agreement entered into on this 18th day of March, 2021, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame, hereinafter referred to as “CCSHOF.”
WHEREAS, the School District’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, CCSHOF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize those individuals whose achievements and efforts have enhanced sports, athletics and recreation in Cherokee County. In addition to honoring those who make significant contributions to the county’s sports legacy, the CCSHOF will promote and provide inspiration in sports and athletics for the county’s youth.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Promote CCSHOF programs, events and nominations through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
2. Provide nominations from each of the District’s high schools for CCSHOF Male and Female Outstanding Senior Athlete.
3. Post a photo of the CCSHOF Outstanding Senior Athletes on the District’s website for an appropriate period of time after the annual CCSHOF banquet.
1. Recognize the outstanding accomplishments of deserving Cherokee County individuals with induction into the CCSHOF. A plaque for each inductee will be on display at the Cherokee County YMCA.
2. Recognize Cherokee County High School’s Male and Female Outstanding Senior Athletes at the annual CCSHOF banquet.
3. Sponsor the annual Cherokee County School District Senior Bowl in accordance with the District Office of School Operations.
4. Provide a CCSHOF representative, upon request, to present the CCSHOF Outstanding Senior Athlete awards at high school awards ceremonies.
5. Provide CCSHOF historical and promotional displays at various CCSD athletic events.
6. Confer with CCSD high school coaches and athletic directors to identify individuals worthy of nomination for induction into the CCSHOF.
The term of this contract is March 18, 2021 through March 18, 2022. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, GA 30169, and to the President of the Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame at 151 Waleska Street, Canton, GA 30114.