THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
COBB ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
This Partnership Agreement entered into on this 14th day of September, 2023, by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Cobb Electric Membership Corporation, hereinafter referred to as “Cobb EMC.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, Cobb EMC is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative where each consumer who receives electric service from Cobb EMC is part owner in the corporation and is referred to as a member, and
WHEREAS, Cobb EMC is dedicated to providing its member/owners with the best service at the lowest possible price, and
WHEREAS, Cobb EMC has over 180,000 members and is one of Georgia’s largest EMCs.
Now therefore, in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Promote Cobb EMC programs (Walter Harrison scholarship, Cobb EMC Community Foundation Scholarship and Youth Tour scholarship) through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
Cobb EMC will:
1. Provide one (1) judge for the School Board’s annual Science Fair.
2. Provide judges for the School System Science Olympiad, Social Science Fair, Young Authors Fair, Governors Honors, Speech Contests and other related functions when Cobb EMC volunteers are available.
3. Provide Cobb EMC employees to serve as career day speakers at schools when Cobb EMC volunteers are available.
4. Provide programs to interested School District teachers and students relative to electrical safety and conservation and/or history. The program types and details of such programs to be determined between the parties in writing in a separate agreement.
5. Continue its sponsorship of CCSD’s Elementary School Science Olympiad and co-sponsorship of the Superintendent’s Key Scholar Recognition Ceremony.
6. Continues its donation of gifts for the CCSD and school-level Teacher of the Year winners for presentation at the Legacy Makers event.
7. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Cobb EMC must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws that pertain to the types of activities in which Cobb EMC will be participating under this Agreement.
The term of this Agreement is September 14, 2023 through September 14, 2024. This Agreement shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract Agreement may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract Agreement shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at P.O. Box 769, Canton, GA 30169, and to the Director of Education and Community Relations at Cobb EMC, P.O. Box 369, Marietta, GA 30061.