THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
This agreement entered into this 17th day of August, 2023 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International, hereinafter referred to as “JDRF.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement; and,
WHEREAS, the mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. In America, 35 Children are diagnosed with diabetes every day. To stay alive, kids with Juvenile Diabetes must get at least two insulin shots a day or wear an insulin pump. They must also check their blood sugar by pricking their fingers for blood six or more times a day.
Now, therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree to as follows.
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Encourage all Cherokee County schools to participate in JDRF programs.
2. Provide a school coordinator at each interested school site to work in conjunction with JDRF employees to implement aforementioned programs.
1. Conduct an interview with the principal of each interested school prior to and after the use of the program (JDRF Staff or Volunteer).
2. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the School Board’s SOLICITATION BY STUDENTS Policy (JK3/KEBB), that prohibits students in grades eight or lower from participating in door-to-door sales.
3. Deliver all materials to participating school sites – This includes a “how-to kit”, paper sneakers, balloons, posters, etc.
4. Provide an in-service to coordinators, teachers and administrators on how to incorporate all areas of the curriculum to make the program a school-wide event (JDRF Staff or Volunteer).
5. Provide sample incentives to be displayed several weeks before the event and additional brochures and posters to use in the classroom.
6. Provide all materials and incentives to ensure a successful event.
7. Provide an on-call representative to assist with any questions or concerns.
8. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, JDRF must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is August 17, 2023 through August 17, 2024. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, Georgia 30169 and to JDRF, Georgia Chapter, 3525 Piedmont Road N.E., Building 5, Suite 120, Atlanta, Georgia 30305.