THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
This agreement entered into on this 20th day of October, 2022 by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” And American Cancer Society hereinafter referred to as “ACS.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students, and
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement, and
WHEREAS, the American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference
The School Board will:
1. Provide use of a high school track and football field, including restroom facilities and lighting, for the Annual Cherokee County Relay for Life event, waiving the rental fee as per the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG).
2. Promote the opportunity for school system teams to participate in the annual Relay for Life.
3. Promote and disseminate American Cancer Society materials through existing communication channels.
1. Conduct an interview with the principal of each aforementioned facility prior to and after the use of the facility.
2. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the facility use contract at each facility and those contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), including custodial, utility and supervisory fees when applicable.
3. Provide information regarding ACS programs to the School Board for dissemination to school facilities.
4. Not discriminate against any partnership participant because of race, national origin, age or disability.
5. Provide a certificate of insurance naming the Cherokee County School Board as an additional insured on the liability insurance policy.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, ACS must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is October 20, 2022 through October 20, 2023. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, Georgia 30169, and to the Community Income Manager, American Cancer Society, 1825 Barrett Lakes Boulevard, Suite 280, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144.