THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CHEROKEE OUTDOOR YMCA
G. CECIL PRUETT COMMUNITY CENTER FAMILY YMCA
METRO ATLANTA YMCA
This agreement entered into on this 21st day of April, 2022 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and The Cherokee Outdoor YMCA, hereinafter referred to as “Outdoor YMCA” and G. Cecil Pruett Community Center Family YMCA hereinafter referred to as “Family YMCA” and The Metro Atlanta YMCA hereinafter referred to as “Metro Atlanta YMCA.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students, and
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement, and
WHEREAS, the YMCA is an association of volunteers, members and staff open to serving all, providing programs and services which develop spirit, mind and body, and
WHEREAS, the Metro Atlanta YMCA has available multiple branches in the metro-Atlanta area providing for people at any life stage, the best solution for every day quality time that promotes personal, family and community well-being, and
WHEREAS, the Metro Atlanta YMCA provides mission-driven menus of daily activities: that unite people and foster inclusion of the underserved; and that develop spirit, mind and body and adapt well to participants of all ages, abilities, faiths, beliefs and incomes, and
WHEREAS, The Metro Atlanta YMCA has, as well as the availability of financial assistance based on need, one-on-one instruction, coaching and monitoring for adults utilizing THE COACH APPROACH- An exercise Support Process® program.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference
The School Board:
1. Transportation Department will work cooperatively with YMCA officials in order to arrange for a bus lease agreement for the YMCA summer program.
2. Will provide continued use of school facilities, as available, for YMCA programs. In the event such facilities/areas being utilized by the YMCA are needed for additional educational buildings/classrooms, the School System will provide a comparable site with appropriate improvements for utilization by Cherokee County School System students and the YMCA.
3. Will pursue the opportunity for additional school/YMCA recreational facility partnerships throughout the county.
4. Office of Educational Programs, Student Support, and Professional Development will assist in the development of curriculum pertaining to outdoor issues as well as joint grant opportunities.
5. Will promote YMCA programs through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
6. Shall consider the opportunity for a joint site/facility development when determining the needs/location of future school site(s).
7. Will pursue the opportunity for the YMCA to install a sprinkler system at Liberty ES recreation fields, including joint (PTA/YMCA) fundraising efforts in this regard. YMCA will be required to set a separate water meter and pay any bills relative to irrigation water consumption.
8. Will encourage School Board employees to explore involvement with the Metro Atlanta YMCA as an option for family recreation, skill building and health enhancement.
9. Will post a page dedicated only to the Metro Atlanta YMCA on the School Board’s intranet following the suggested wording, layout and design attached in Appendix A.
10. Will position the collaboration with the Metro Atlanta YMCA as a wellness partnership and refrain from the use of the word “discount” or posting the Metro Atlanta YMCA among for-profit retailers who offer employee discounts.
11. Will confirm enrolled employees are currently active employees and eligible for the reduced rate.
12. Will collaborate on the preparation of joint promotional efforts regarding the Metro Atlanta YMCA affiliation including the content and cost division of such efforts. Use of each party’s name must be specifically approved in writing by the authorized representative of each party in advance of the release of any promotional materials.
13. Provide scholarships, using federal grants, for students in need identified by CCSD to participate in YMCA summer programs.
1. Will work cooperatively with the School Board’s Transportation Department to arrange for a bus lease agreement and will provide proof of insurance, compensation for mileage and drivers.
2. Will provide the opportunity for outdoor education field trip programs; including scholarships for low income situations and expansion to more focused programs for middle school/high school (water quality issues and opportunities and internships).
3. Will abide by the rules and regulations contained in the facility use contract at each facility and those contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), including custodial, utility and supervisory fees when applicable.
4. Will pursue the opportunity for additional school/YMCA recreational facility partnerships throughout the county.
5. Will maintain the Johnston ES playing field in a good and safe condition. Maintenance shall include, but not be limited to, weed control, aeration, topdressing, over seeding, fertilizing, turf repair and other improvements as may be necessary to maintain field in good condition.
Upon discovery of damages, both parties shall meet in order to confirm who is responsible for damages and the extent of work required repairing damages. The appropriate party shall be responsible for the cost and repair of the field. The YMCA will supervise the repairs by a mutually agreed upon contractor.
Will limit the use of the gym and field to Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and weekdays from 5:30 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Field use during the summer shall be limited to Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. A mutually agreed upon period of time will be set aside during each summer for turf recovery and maintenance. Summer use of gym will be limited to four weeks, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The schedule will be agreed to by both parties.
6. Will continue to allow the School Board use of YMCA facilities for meetings, as available.
7. Shall consider the opportunity for a joint site/facility development when determining the needs/location of future YMCA site(s).
8. Will provide an informational packet to administrators, including field trip opportunities and the Outdoor Education Program.
9. Will pursue the opportunity for installation of a sprinkler system at Liberty ES recreation fields, including joint (PTA/YMCA) fundraising efforts in this regard.
10. Will accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, the YMCA must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
11. Will pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
12. Accept students identified by CCSD to participate in YMCA summer programs funded by scholarships provided by CCSD using federal grants.
1. Will work with School District middle/high school teenagers to develop youth programs for the Teen Center at the Family YMCA.
2. Will develop a learn-to-swim program for interested elementary students.
3. Will accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, the Family YMCA must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
4. Will pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
5. Accept students identified by CCSD to participate in YMCA summer programs funded by scholarships provided by CCSD using federal grants.
Metro Atlanta YMCA:
1. Will reduce standard monthly rates for School Board adult employees (18 years of age and older) to the following:
Adult (30-64) $49
Young Adult (19-29) $30
Senior Adult (65 plus) $48
Senior Family (one over 65) $66
Teen (13-18) $16
This rate requires employees to pay monthly by credit card or bank draft. The Metro Atlanta YMCA reserves the right to make rate increases; the increases will be added to the existing reduced rates and assess traditional joining fees: $69 for single person memberships and $99 for multi-person memberships. The employee must go to the School Board Intranet page/link to access the reduced-rate membership.
2. Will create for the School Board intranet a page with information about YMCA locations and programming and a link to request the reduced monthly rates.
3. Will create a house account with no fees attached for the School Board that will act as the existing member household that is referring any employees who wish to join at the up to 20% reduced rates. Existing employees who are already members and qualify for the member referral campaign can self-identify their desire to refer a new employee; the YMCA will connect these employee households instead of using the house account, so existing employees can also benefit. The YMCA will not automatically reduce the rates of any current employees who are members, as this would constitute a discount.
4. Will check on a monthly basis that all eligible or existing members are current employees.
5. Will collaborate on the preparation of joint promotional efforts regarding this affiliation including the content and cost division of such efforts. Use of each party’s name must be specifically approved in writing by the authorized representative of each party in advance of the release of any promotional materials.
6. Metro Atlanta YMCA shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the School Board, as well as each entity’s officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates and subsidiaries together with their successors and assigns from and against any and all liability, claims, demands damages, losses, expenses, obligations, actions or causes of action (including reasonable attorney fees) which the School Board, might sustain, pay or suffer, by reason of any act, omission or negligence by Metro Atlanta YMCA, its employees, agents, successors or assigns, or anyone claiming under it or through it or them, or resulting from any breach, violation or nonperformance or any covenant, condition or agreement herein contained, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or alleged to have arisen in whole or in part as a result of injury sustained by a School Board employee while participating in exercise activities at a Metro Atlanta YMCA location or through participation in THE COACHAPPROACH® exercise support program.
Facility use/rental fees will be waived (utility, custodial and supervisory fees will be charged when applicable) in all of the aforementioned requests for facility use. Both parties will abide by a bus lease agreement under which the school district is reimbursed for the actual expenses of operating the buses and where the Cherokee County School Board will be listed as an additional insured on the liability policy.
The term of this contract is April 21, 2022 through April 21, 2023. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
Cherokee County Board of Education and the YMCA of Metro Atlanta are partnering to create a healthier community. To take advantage of these reduced rates, click on the Get Started link below to begin the Referral Process. These reduced rates* will only be available by clicking on the Get Started link below.
Adult (30-59) $49
Young Adult (19-29) $30
Two Adults $75
Senior Adult (60 plus) $48
Senior Family (one over 60) $66
Teen (13-18) $16
After following the link and creating your account online, all you need to do is go into the Y location of your choice, complete the needed paperwork and have your picture taken for your permanent card.
* This offer is valid for referred individuals who are new facility members of the Metro Atlanta YMCA or for previous Metro Atlanta Y members whose termination date either precedes the campaign start date or has lapsed by at least 90 days since the campaign start date. Member referral rates require annual or semi-annual paying members to switch to a continuous payment method. Rates of current financial assistance members will not be further lowered.
This offer has no cash value, may not be used with financial assistance rates lower than the published member-referred rates, and cannot be combined with any other certificate, voucher, charge item or corporate third party pays, or grandfathered rate. Any future price increases will be assessed on this reduced base rate.