THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
This agreement entered into on this 18th day of May, 2023 by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and Tri-State Communications
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School District’s Priority Areas is Family, Partner and Community Engagement, and
WHEREAS, Tri-State Communications is a radio, magazine and digital company that provides local news and entertainment to its listeners and readers in Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina, and is committed to its community; and,
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Provide Student of the Day nominees to Tri-State Communications for each day CCSD schools are in session.
2. Grant Tri-State Communications the non-exclusive right, license and privilege to broadcast and stream CCSD high school athletic events including, but not limited to, high school football games.
3. Assist Tri-State Communications in facilitating coverage of a high school football “Game of the Week.”
4. Assist Tri-State Communications in facilitating the granting of the non-exclusive right, license and privilege to broadcast and stream CCSD high school teams participating in Georgia High School Athletic Association playoff and championship events.
5. Assist Tri-State Communications in a public service campaign promoting stopped school bus traffic laws and safely sharing the roads with school buses.
6. Explore/pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
Tri-State Communications will:
1. Promote a CCSD Student of the Day on WLJA 101.1 FM radio station and social media platforms for each day CCSD schools are in session. The students also will receive a recognition certificate provided by WLJA at their school end-of-year awards day.
2. Promote the CCSD “Game of the Week” football game, as well as other CCSD news and information, on WLJA 101.1 FM radio station, Enjoy! Cherokee magazine and social media platforms.
3. Promote stopped school bus traffic laws and safely sharing the roads with school buses through a public service campaign on WLJA 101.1 FM radio station and social media platforms.
4. Explore/pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
5. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, Tri-State Communications must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
6. Agree to hold harmless and indemnify the School Board against any claims, demands, losses or damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise as a result of this contract.
The term of this contract is May 18, 2023 through May 18, 2024. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at PO Box 769, Canton, Georgia 30169, and to Tri-State Communications, 134 South Main St., Jasper, Georgia 30143.