CTAE Handbook Gives Overview of Possible Career Paths for Students
CCSD’s Career, Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE) handbook, “Focus on the Future,” will be going home with 8th graders this month as they prepare to register for their high school classes. The handbook highlights the 45 Career Pathways (an increase from 41) offered at CCSD schools, with information on the classes required and possible career options in various fields, along with Dual Enrollment and Work-Based Learning. New pathways include Sports Marketing, Web Development, Game Design, Graphic Communications and Agricultural Leadership.
Career Pathways are an option for all CCSD students, whether they plan to attend college or start a career immediately after high school. The handbook is posted on our website here. Parents are encouraged to look through the handbook with their student and talk about possible areas of interest. Additional information can be found on the CCSD CTAE webpage.
CTAE Fast Facts
• CCSD CTAE Pathway Completers have a 99% Graduation Rate
• Upon completion, 19 CTAE Pathways offered by CCSD lead to nationally recognized industry certification
• 13 CTAE courses in CCSD schools qualify as the required fourth science course for high school graduation
• 5 CTAE End of Pathway Assessments qualify for college credit
• 11 CTAE Pathways offer Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) course credit upon completion of the pathway AND passing the End of Pathway Assessment.