We aim to inspire young minds and nurture spirits. We are not simply educators; we are guides supporting each student on their journey of self-discovery and becoming life time learners. Our goal is to walk beside our children with an intentional, loving spirit, which supports their development. We foster an environment that allows children to learn at their own pace and grow in their own ways. We recognize that we hold the key to preparing children to be productive, ready, school aged students. We are Cherokee County School District (CCSD) Preschool!
Cherokee County preschool centers follow the Georgia Early Learning Development Standards (GELDS) for age appropriate learning objective across five domains. As well as working on specific goals for our students with IEPs.
Programs integrated into the preschool classrooms:
- FUNdations- focuses on phonics, letter identification, and letter formation in a consistent way across classrooms and grade levels.
- Read It Once Again: utilizes literature to build a love of reading, build language skills and increase comprehension
- Handwriting Without Tears- teaches students to form letters, using simple shapes and tactile reinforcement
- Touch Math- teaches number identification and counting, in a multi-sensory way, using tactile touch points
- Frog Street Sing and Read- teaches students numbers, colors, shapes, and letters through fun and simple songs with accompanying books