FAQ FOR HOMECOMING EVENTS
Where should I park if I am a spectator for the Homecoming Parade?
Parking is available in the student parking lot, faculty parking lot and the practice/ baseball field. (Please keep in mind that some parking will require payment - $5)
Where should I go if I am on a float?
All floats are required to check in at the roundabout entering the Mill Creek Bus Lanes. You will be told your number there and will be directed once you are behind Mill Creek.
Where should I go if I’m dropping off/picking up someone who is participating in the parade but is not driving a float? (i.e. someone riding on a float/vehicle, or walker/runner)
Please drop off / pick up all participants in the parade at the Mill Creek Gym Entrance. If you are dropping someone off they will be directed to their float location from there.
What time should I arrive for the parade?
If you have a float or are in the parade be at Mill Creek no later than 5:30. Floats pull around to the bus lanes at Mill Creek. Participants getting dropped off should be dropped off at the gym entrance of Mill Creek.
If you are watching the parade, be here no later than 5:45. Getting there early ensures a good spot to watch as parking is very limited. The entrance (both sides) at Mill Creek Road will be closed and barricaded at 5:45.
Where is the best spot to sit for the parade?
- Sit along the grass in front of Mill Creek Middle School.
- The median grass near the roundabout; this includes the roundabout.
- The sidewalk in front of River Ridge High School (RRHS student and faculty entrance)
- The first row of faculty parking closest to the student/faculty entrance of River Ridge High School. The back two rows will be used for parking.
Will candy be tossed?
- Candy will be tossed by those participating in the parade. Bags or buckets are encouraged for the children to carry their candy.
- For those participating in the parade – please only toss or lob the candy. No hard-overhand throws. If you are witnessed throwing candy as if you were Peyton Manning trying for a Hail Mary, your float will be pulled to the side and all candy taken.
What time does the parade start?
The parade starts at 6:00pm
What is the cost for football parking and cost for attending the football game?
The cost to park is $5 and the cost for the game is $8. Concessions are available on both sides of the stadium.
What time is coronation?
Coronation will occur during halftime of the football game.
What is the cost of the homecoming dance?
Homecoming Dance tickets purchased before October 13th are $25 - The day of the dance, the cost will be $30 at the door. Tickets can be purchased Online or during student lunches by cash or check.
What if I’m bringing an outside of River Ridge guest?
The form is available for pick up in the front office (pink) and needs to be returned to room 1201 (Ms. Barber’s office) no later than Friday, October 12th.
What is the time of the dance?
The dance is from 8:00pm to 11:00pm in the RRHS cafeteria. Students can enter from the student parking entrance. There is no re-entry allowed. Students can be picked up by 11:00pm after the dance in the student parking lot.
What is the dress for the homecoming dance?
The dress is semi-formal. No tuxedos or gowns are required.
Any additional questions: