Happy Friday Etowah Eagles!
• Please click on this link for this week's EETV.
• All current Etowah football players, as well as those interested in becoming part of the program, there will be a brief meeting after school on Wednesday, February 12th, at 3:30 PM in the Field House.
• AP Capstone applications are due to Ms. Osborne via e-mail no later than Thursday, February 13 at 11:59 p.m. The application can be found on the Canvas pages of AP and Honors World History teachers. For more information about AP Capstone, please view this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzJS0fyreE&feature=youtu.be
Please see Ms. Osborne or Mr. Murnan with questions.
• February 10th is the last date to sign up for the study abroad to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand over June 2020. The link to the trip website with the itinerary, cost, and other details is:
• The Fellowship of Christian Athletes
meets every Friday in the auditorium at 7:30am. All students are welcome for this time of music, encouragement, and fellowship.
• Order your Yearbook before it’s too late! They can be purchased online at https://www.yearbookordercenter.com with access code 2061.
• Science Olympiad meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month. There are still a few spots available if anyone is interested in their quest for GOLD. Please contact either Paul Peterson or Jennifer Corbett for more details.
• This weekend (Feb. 8th) Towne Lake Car wash is teaming up with Etowah for a great opportunity. Come get a bird bath after this nasty weather moves through! Just mention “Go Eagles” to the cashier and a portion of the proceeds will be given back to the athletic department.
• Dramatic Writing Are you interested in becoming part of Georgia's booming television and film industry? Do you want to learn more about how you can get in on the ground floor? See what other Georgia high school students are so excited about--dramatic writing. Learn to write original content, develop scripts, produce clear writing, analyze and create characters in dramatic arts literature from the perspective of an actor/performer. Learn how writing for film, television, and theatre connects to careers and the booming entertainment industry in our state and beyond. Learn about skills needed in the industry to get a job and begin making money doing what you love. Come to the informational meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 11th after school in Mrs. Loversky's room, EE118.
• Come decorate cookies and hang out with friends during your lunch on Friends Club Valentines Cookie Decorating Party Feb. 12th (Wednesday)!
• Club Picture Wednesday, Feb. 12th at 8:10 in room 3103. Wear your Friends Club shirt if you have one.
• The Etowah Young Republicans Club meets every other Thursday after school in room 1207 until 4:00. We do discussions, debates, Kahoot games, educational information, service, and other awesome things to help students become ambassadors for the conservative movement in the community.
• Tutors Available!
Struggling in your class? Need help organizing your binder, backpack, or notes? Need a place to study with your study group? Readying a college essay and need someone to help you revise? The East WING peer-tutoring team is for you! We’re open during lunches, before school (Tues-Fri), and after school (Mon-Thurs). Schedule your appointment today by going to https://etowah.mywconline.com
Prom: The theme is “Lights, Camera, Action! A Night in Hollywood” and the dance is Saturday 3/28 at the Marietta Conference Center from 8-11pm
Students bringing a date who does not attend Etowah should complete a guest form. Forms are located in the main office or in 4106. Forms can also be downloaded from the school’s website. Guest forms are due in the main office no later than 3/26.
The link for purchasing tickets is https://gofan.co/app/events/79018
The last day to purchase tickets will be Thursday 3/26.