The International Skills Diploma Seal
The International Skills Diploma Seal (ISDS) is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
To earn the ISDS, students must complete the following:
- Coursework in the following areas (8 credits total)
- World Languages : at least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- International Focus: at least four credits in courses with an international focus, such as macroeconomics, world history, world geography, British literature, etc.
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g. exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project
- A brief presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above
For more information, please follow the following links:
Georgia DOE International Skills Diploma Seal Info
ISDS Informational Prezi
Current List of International Focus Courses at WHS
Current List of Global Extracurricular and Community Service Opportunities at WHS
Travel Abroad Guidelines
Capstone Presentation Guidelines
Printable Student Checklist
If you would like to apply for the International Skills Diploma Seal, please submit your WHS ISDS Application by April 1, 2021.
Any questions should be directed to Carolina.Ayerbe@cherokeek12.net