Learning Tools for Students K-12
The following online resources are available for students from K-12. Specific academic resources are separated by building level.
K-12 Curriculum Division Site
The Division of Curriculum & Instruction includes resources on Academic Standards, Student Assessment, Special Education, Gifted Instruction, Virtual Learning along with Student Performance Standards. Please visit this site for more information.
Please visit additional High School Resources:
Zell Miller Scholarship
HOPE & Zell Miller Scholarship FAQ's
Zell Miller Grant
HOPE Career Grant
Georgia State Aid Applications
Financial Aid Information
FAFSA, Hope & Zell Miller Scholarship Information
For information on Georgia’s HOPE Program along with the additional state aid options you can visit this website: GAFutures/hope-state-aid-programs
For access to the nationwide independent scholarship finder; as well as, highlights federal aid please visit this website: GAfutures/federal-aid-scholarships
You can also contact Marcus Hilliard, Georgia Student Finance Commission, Outreach Representative by phone at 404.694.8844 or email at MARCUSH@GSFC.org.
The following are instructions from GSFC to use to apply for the HOPE & Zell Miller scholarships. Zell requires that you submit your SAT or ACT score directly to the Georgia Student Finance Commission, as described below.
HOPE & Zell Miller Scholarship Application Procedures
To check your HOPE calculated GPA, you must log-in to your GAFutures account. If you qualify to receive the HOPE Scholarship or Zell Miller Scholarship after graduation, follow the instructions below to apply:
For both the HOPE and Zell: Fill out either the FAFSA or GSFAPPS or both. (must login to student account).
- To be eligible for the Zell Miller scholarship, the HOPE calculated GPA must be at least a 3.7 and the student must have an ACT score of at least 26 or an SAT score of at least 1200 (math and reading).
- Request to have your SAT score sent directly to the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) using code “0472” (from your SAT account)
- Request to have your ACT score sent to your home and then forward the unopened report to GSFC at 2082 East Exchange Place Tucker, GA 30084
- You only need to send one test score to GSFC – the highest one achieved in one sitting
- If your student has a 3.0 – 3.69 HOPE calculated GPA, they do not have to send a test score, because they do not qualify for Zell Miller. The percentage of tuition paid each year by the HOPE scholarship varies from year to year based on GA Lottery revenue. The Zell Miller scholarship still pays 100% of tuition at public GA colleges/universities.
- Students can check their current HOPE calculated GPA on their account at GAfutures.
- After spring semester grades are posted, Etowah will upload all transcripts to the GSFC. Your student’s college will communicate directly with GSFC to determine how much tuition to charge you.
If you have any further questions, please contact your college/university and/or Mr. Hilliard at GSFC as they are going to be your best source for information on HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships.