Close alert
Open vision bar

Special Education Records Request

Last Updated: 3/23/2022 7:00 PM

Parents and Students

Parents of current or former minor CCSD students and CCSD current or former students who are 18 or older may request special education records from the Department of Special Education.  Requests must be made in writing.

IMPORTANT: Requests must include parental consent or the consent of the student, if the student is aged 18 or older, to release confidential records, if the requester is not the parent or student.  All requests must be accompanied by a copy of photo ID or driver's license and signed in the presence of a Public Notary, unless request is delivered in person to our office.   

Records can be emailed, sent via US Mail, or picked up in person by appointment only.

Requests should be directed to:

Special Education Records Request Form

Special Education Records Request Form Spanish

Special Education Records Clerk  
P.O. Box 769
Canton, GA 30169

Phone: 770.721.8506
FAX: 770.721.6316

Attorneys requesting records:

Attorneys seeking any CCSD records, including Special Education records, must send their request to CCSD's custodian of records, Barbara Jacoby via email to or mail requests to: Office of Communications, PO Box 769, Ga. 30169.